Phase one is almost over, 2 weeks of optifast and getting prepped for surgery.
List for surgery - no jewellery, no nail polish, shower the night before, bring all pills with you, etc, etc....
End of Phase one will be the surgery tomorrow.
Then the start of Phase 2, a few days in the hospital drinking small bits of liquids every 15 minutes, getting up and walking around to get the bloated gassy stomach down, pfft, pfft.
Then home to start 2 weeks of liquids, but different liquids from Phase 1 - thank goodness.
I will be able to have cream soups - YAY, pudding, YAY, apple sauce, YAY, tomato juice, hmm not sure if that is a yay or not. Light exercise and lots of rest, letting the innards settle into their new location, letting the incisions heal, and working on the mental aspect of what is going on.
This is a weird thing to be excited about - I guess it isn't the surgery that I'm excited about, its what is going to happen after, the transformation, the learning, the exploration into a happier me.
As the last blog said - I'm ready.
H
No comments:
Post a Comment