Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Home Stretch

It's been a rough few days.
I am really looking forward to being able to eat something with some flavour, with some texture, with some substance. Being on liquids wouldn't be so bad if I was allowed something other then sweets with the odd bit of bland soup thrown in. There isn't much that can be done with artificially sweetened vanilla or chocolate sudo shakes.
But luckily only 4 more days. Of course on the 5th day everything changes once again and not only will I still be on liquids, it will be tiny wee amounts, which means my job for the following weeks will be eating. I'll be able to eat an ounce of fluids at a time, so will have to be doing that every 15 minutes just to keep hydrated. A whole new set of challenges lay ahead.

The last two days I spent getting things ready. Cleaning off the balcony so its ready for winter, very bland and stark now. And today working on the inside, so I can just concentrate on my healing after. Unfortunately with things being so dry the dust collects almost as soon as you wipe it away. But a quick once around on Thursday night and all will be good.

Not feeling to deep and observant today, more just ready for all of this to move forward.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

H

No comments:

Post a Comment