I've been struggling these past few weeks, struggling with my eating - I feel sick all the time, before I eat, after I eat, but I did find out that this will pass. Phew.
I've also been struggling because I feel myself wanting to slip into my old "comfort" lifestyle.
One good thing is I can't because the comfort foods make me sick, but it doesn't seem to stop me from trying. This morning I thought I'd try a bagel with cream cheese, STUPID, I ate half of it and now for the last 90 minutes I've had a lump of coal stuck in my mid section. Bread is just not doable any more. I had a tuna sandwich earlier this week, made it through most of it and then had to stop, before I threw up. The tuna was great, the bread, NOPE.
But the big question is why am I feeling the need to revert back to that place?
The only thing I can think of is WORK. Stupid work.
It's been so stressful here since I came back, people are angry, discouraged, disheartened and it radiates like a cancer across the floor. It's year end, people want to know if they're going to get a bonus, people want to know that they did okay on their performance evaluations, the higher ups are counting pennies to try to get to the set goals. Add to that major software issues and it's just not a happy place.
But why can't I get above all of that?
I'm also feeling very unfocused and disconnected. I've been busy every night this week, which means I'm coming to work unprepared food wise. And that just leads to more problems because I pick foods that may not be the best choice for me.
What am I going to do about all of this?
Well Sunday I'm going grocery shopping for foods that I can prepare in advance and freeze.
I'm going to sort through all the clothes that have been given to me, get rid of a few that are now too big (yay) and see if I can feel a bit more organized for next week, because its going to be another busy week.
What's on you ask?
Well I've been going to Nia - a dance/yoga/tai chi sort of work out that is a lot of fun. I've been going once a week, hopefully this week I can kick it up to twice.
I started a vegetarian indian cooking class, the first session was amazing so I'm very excited about week two.
And I've been seeing a lot of movies lately in preparation for the big event - THE OSCARS!!
(still haven't seen Shame as it's downtown and I hate paying for parking to see a movie)
My goal is to also use this site to help me work through some of my challenges, to stop hiding from myself and get things out into the world.
Cheers.
H
No comments:
Post a Comment